Suda: Rumors of student attack not credible

Print
Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

Posted: Friday, November 22, 2019 6:11 am

Administrators in the Hillsboro School District have determined that rumors circulating on social media of a student attack at the school Monday were not credible.

Superintendent Paula Suda said the false threat appeared to be an updated version of a rumor that’s been circulating in the community for years.

“This is a resurfaced rumor which we reinvestigated and found that it has no credibility,” Suda said Monday.

School officials began fielding concerns from parents weeks ago over the possibility of an attack at the school.

The rumors were circulated on Facebook and appeared to revolve around a student coming into the school and shooting people that had been identified on a list, Suda said.

More about

Most Popular

Stocks